Friday, April 14, 2017

Her Wine And Book

This model was so lovely that it was very difficult to do her justice.  I took it this direction simply because I didn't know what else to do.  Anyway,  it seemed to work out.  A friend said to me recently when I told him I am turning 70 in May--"...Don, your best work is still ahead of you."  I did not believe him for many reasons--but who knows--after all it was the great Dan McCaw who said it--a man who does not dish out much BS when it comes to art.  OK, let's go Don.  Think I'll take a nap.

5 comments:

  1. Hello Don, I think your friend is probably right. You have many beautiful paintings in your future. I know it's difficult to think of "future" as we age but if I bought a piano and learned how to read music and play, and then learned how to tune and repair the piano at age 65, you've got lots more paintings buddy. We may be failing in a lot of ways but creativity and dreams never die.
    God bless you and yours, and Happy Easter. "Because HE lives, I can face tomorrow."

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Don,
    After seeing your daughter's story on Dateline several times I am very intrigued by your story and your art. Since I am also an artist and have had a difficult life too I am now in my retirement years as an active artist working with many websites that sell my art as downloads and art prints. I admire your taking on such a monumental job of raising a second family and wish you luck in your future as an artist and a Grandpa.
    Take care,
    Corey Ford

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Blogger alison ross said...
    Hello Don, Just watched your story on Dateline too ..Oh my goodness my heart goes out to you ! So sorry for everything that happened! If I of known at the time I would of helped you with the children for free no problem (i`m a nanny) It`s 20 20 and apart from the virus I really hope you are well and coping with the children and everything ..Your paintings are wonderful gift from God ..God bless and keep painting they are truly wonderful !

    ReplyDelete